1 December 2019 – Letter of intent due
1 February 2020 – Full submissions close (submissions only accepted if a letter of intent has been submitted by 1 December 2019)
1 March 2020 – Dates and details issued for site visits by the President and Committee
24 September 2020 – Candidate presentations
25 September 2020 – Announcement of incoming President and location of IAFS 2023
Letter of intent:
A letter of intent for Presidency and hosting of IAFS 2023 must be submitted by 1 December 2019.
The letter of intent should be addressed to the current President containing:
- Proposed President with outline of credentials
- Proposed location of meeting
- A broad summary of the proposal (maximum of 2 pages)
Full submissions close 1 February 2020.
The full submission should contain at least all information as noted below.
- The credentials and professional qualifications of the candidate for President
- Letters of support for the proposed meeting location and President
- Proposed steering committee (optional)
- The nature and quality of the scientific and social programs including potential themes/ framework/ program outline
- The proposed venue for the meeting, including local transport options, ease of access to venue and visa requirements
- Proposed location(s) for the social program
- The financial and business planning arrangements (see below for some of the details to be included):
The proposed registration fees including the cost of the Welcome Reception, coffee breaks, lunches and possibly some tours or other social activities
A “realistic” budget based on a figure of at least 1,000 full registrations, 200 day registrations and 150 accompanying persons
A summary that shows an estimated average total cost per delegate for five days, including registration, and average cost of meals not included in the registration
- The ability of the proposed venue and local infrastructure to meet the needs of scientific and social programs
- Details of accommodation available to delegates including pricing
- An account of what will be included in the proposed registration fee and proposals for the use of any resultant surplus
All candidates will be given the opportunity to present their case for IAFS 2023 to the current President and Council. Presentations will follow the below format:
- Each candidate will be allocated 30 minutes for the presentation and 20 minutes for questions*
- A laptop and screen will be provided for the presentation
*Please be aware this timing will be strictly adhered to.
Note: Prospective candidates should be advised that any invitation to review potential venues should be issued to the President who will assign two members of Council (one of whom might be the President) to make the site inspection at the candidate’s expense. Airfare, two or three nights’ accommodation in the proposed Conference hotel, and meals during the visit should be all that is included.
All letters of intent and submissions should be emailed to email@example.com.
A confirmation email will be sent once the submission has been received.